Oolong tea from Japan, also known as "Wulong" tea, is a distinctive and exquisite type of tea that falls somewhere between green tea and black tea in terms of oxidation level.
Japanese oolong tea can be more expensive compared to other teas because of how it's made. It goes through a special process that involves a bit of oxidation and specific ways of handling the leaves. This requires extra care and attention from the tea makers, making the whole process more intricate and time-consuming.
Because of this unique process, the tea leaves become very special and have a distinct flavor that people really enjoy.
- Use 1-2 tsp of tea leaves
- Heat water to 180-200°F (82-93°C).
- Pour some hot water into the teapot, then pour it out
- Put tea leaves in the teapot
- Wait 1-2 mins for the first brew
- Strain and pour tea into a cup